Upcoming Shows & Events
You can find a great selection of my Fern House Studio artwork, prints, cards and stickers, felt purses, zip pulls and more at the Magenta Magpie Gallery located at Gallery Grand, 169 Main Street, downtown Ellsworth, Maine. This gallery, run by Jenny King and Leslie Jones features beautiful and eclectic items from artists around Maine and the jewelry of Leslie Jones and Jenny King. There is also a downstairs bead shop with a lovely selection of beads as well as some findings and other fun items. The gallery is open from 10 am to 5 pm, daily. FMI: 207-266-7037 or facebook.com/magentamagpie
Galleries & Stores
One Lupine Fiber Arts Studio
170 Park Street
Bangor, ME 04401
(carrying Fern House Studio cards and felt purses)
Spruce & Gussy
12 Mount Desert St.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
(Carrying Fern House Studio Papergoods and Paintings.)
119 Main Street
Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
Ingrid's German Shop
117 Buck Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Shore Shop Gifts
Owner: Kendra Chubbuck
1 Main St
Isle Au Haut, ME 04645
(zip pulls and cards)
Works of Hand Gallery
426 Main Street
Winter Harbor, ME 04693
(carrying Fern House Studio cards, paintings, and felt wallets)
Blossom Studio Pop Up Shop
Owner: Sihaya Hopkins
715 Coastal Road
Brooksville, ME 04617
(zip pulls and cards)
The Island Institute Store
386 Main Street
Rockland, Maine 04841
Owner: Anna Heiniger
136 Grant Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501
The Gift Box
Manager: Betsy Nichols
1901 Foulke Ways
Gwynedd, PA 19436
Magenta Magpie Artisan Gallery
at Gallery Grand
169 Main Street
Downtown, Ellsworth, ME 04605
Owner: Diane Allen
48 Main Street
Blue Hill, ME 04614
You can sometimes find work at my Etsy Shop that I don't have on my website.
I am available for private lessons at my studio thru the summer months.
Lesson fees (as of April 2008):
Private lessons are $25/first hour and & $15 each additional hour, plus a materials fee depending on what the project is.
The materials fee for puppetmaking is typically $5.00.
Group lessons are $20/person for 1 1/2- 2 hours. A group is 3 or more people.
Please call me at 664.2404 or email me to set up lessons.
Summer Studio Hours by appointment Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays or by chance. Located at 15 Wood Run, Lamoine, Maine. Please email or call 207.664.2404 for more information.
Directions to Fern House Studio (please call ahead before visiting)
Directions from High Street, Ellsworth or Down East Maine:
1. From High Street head out of Ellsworth on US Rte 1 (as if going to Hancock) for about 4 miles
2. Turn right onto the Mud Creek Road (just before Shirley’s Yarns and Crafts). [if coming from Sullivan/ Down East, turn left onto the Mud Creek Rd.]
3. Go to the end of the Mud Creek Road (about 3 miles), turn left at
the yield sign onto rte. 204 (Pinkham’s Flats Road)
4. Continue about a mile. You’ll see a sign for the Walker Road on the right... take this turn. (If you get to Marlboro, you’ve missed the turn).
5. Go about a mile on the Walker Road... you’ll see my mailbox with “15 Wood Run” on it on the right. Turn left onto the dirt road, Wood Run, across from the mailboxes.
6. Mine is the first house (on the right). You’ll see a purple sign that says “Fern House Studio”. The studio is the small building on the right of the driveway.
Directions from Mt. Desert Island:
1. Take Route 3 towards Ellsworth.
2. Shortly after the Acadia Zoo, make the right - hand turn onto Route 204 to Lamoine
3. Continue on rte. 204 until you come to a stop sign (a few miles)...At this stop sign, take a right onto Route 184 south .
4. Continue on for 1.7 miles, and you’ll see the Lamoine Grammar school on the your right. Then very shortly, .2 miles, after the school, bear left, sort of crossing the road, onto the Mill Road.
5. Go 1.1 miles to the end of the Mill Road...at the stop sign, take a right onto the Walker Road (you are almost there)
6. After going a short distance (.3 -.4 miles) on the Walker Road, you’ll see my mailbox with “15 Wood Run” on it on the right. Follow directions from #5 above.
Get the latest Fern House Studio news at our weblog.